Moving to Winnipeg from Europe: Dos and Dont's?

Discussions about anything you care to! No personal ads here.

Moderators: Admin, Merlin

Moving to Winnipeg from Europe: Dos and Dont's?

Postby European » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:01 am

Hello!

Me and my boyfriend, we're in a long term relationship for more than 5 years. Unfortunately we can't get married or enter into a civil partnership because it's not possible in Poland where we live.

That's why we're considering relocation to a different country, where we'll become recognized as a couple.

We haven't been in Canada yet, but it seems to be a good and a calm place for a gay couple. In case we decide to move there, I would prefer to stay away from big and busy cities like Toronto and Montreal. Winnipeg looks like a mid-sized city where one can enjoy his life living in the city but staying close to green areas.

Can you please answer some questions in this topic and/or share your thoughts.
- Do you like living in Winnipeg?
- Do you think it's a good place for gay people or would you recommend a different city/province?
- Are Winnipeg and Manitoba considered as a gay friendly or rather a slightly homophobic place in Canada?
- Have you every thought of moving to a different province/country to feel better as a gay person?

Thanks for your answers! I have more questions but I'll save them for later as this post is already quite big.

P.S. I'm sorry for mistakes, English is not my first language.
European

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSIONS