New beginnings

Discussions about anything you care to! No personal ads here.

Moderators: Admin, Merlin

New beginnings

Postby Chady24 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:31 pm

Hello and Bonjour!

Name: Chad
Reason for post:
I have thought about this for a long time now and decided that I ought to stop pussyfooting around and do it, Move to Canada I mean. I've always loved visiting Canada. I've been to a few different places thoughtout the country and enjoyed it very much. I've already been in contact with the CIC and am currently filling out paperwork, upon paperwork, then after that, more paperwork.
I've chosen Winnepeg because it's a city that I've never been, and the company I work for has a few sites there and a transfer is easy. Long story short, I have a love/hate relationship with my family, unfortunately. This type of move would be the best for me, I feel. I would be far enough away from "home" that problems here would not easily bring me down, but close enough that I could easily come back to, God forbid I would have to. This is an adventure, a new beginning. Problem is, I'll be totally and utterly alone.
So, I'm here to meet and greet with new names and faces. I've researched countless websites all about Manitoba and Winnepeg, but would love to hear about the city from an average resident or two, or three, etc.... I'd love to hear all about the cities wonders and woes, and as corny as this may sound, I'd love to hear someone say 'It will be ok!" "I'm here for you!" "Don't be scared!" "You are not alone!" from new friends for when I finally make it into the city, unpack in my new place, lay down for sleep, and think to myself "I'm home."

Hope to hear for you!
Chad.

P.S. My FB page is www.Facebook.com/ckirtland if that would be easier to chat.
Chady24

Re: New beginnings

Postby Chady24 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:52 pm

Or not. Oh well =-)
Chady24

Re: New beginnings

Postby Flipboy91 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:49 pm

I hope you have decided to move and that you're settling in just fine. Usually night clubs and coworkers are amazing source of social network in Winnipeg. The city is small so I wouldn't be surprise that you have made friends with someone in less than a week or so. Good luck :D
Flipboy91

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSIONS